Prawn & Broccolini Salad with bacon, pine nuts & raisins
1 x 250g pkt Wild Australian Prawn Co Banana Prawns (defrosted)
2 Bunches of broccolini
1 Lebanese cucumber (sliced)
2 Streaky bacon rashers (chopped)
2 tbs Pine nuts
2 tbs Raisins
1 tbs Olive Oil
1/2 Lemon (juice & grated zest)
Salt & Pepper
A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Place a pot of salted water over high heat & bring to a boil. When boiling add the broccolini, remove after 1 minute & cool in cold water, drain well.
- Bring the water back to a boil then add the prawns. Remove when cooked – about 2 minutes, allow to cool.
- Mix together the olive oil, lemon, salt & pepper.
- Place the broccolini, cucumber & prawns in a bowl & toss with the lemon dressing. Place on your serving plates.
- In a fry pan over high heat with a little oil fry the bacon until it starts to get crispy, then add the pine nuts & raisins when the nuts start to brown. Remove from heat and add the thyme. Sprinkle the bacon & nut mix over your salad.
Prep: 5 mins Cook: 15 mins Serves: 4 (Entree) or 2 (main)