- Crack eggs into a saucepan. Using a spatula break up the eggs and continue to work them in a circular motion over the low heat. After it has started to come together, add in the butter and sriracha. Stir continuously making sure that you are scraping the bottom.
- Regulate the pan by moving back and forth on top of the heat. When the eggs have almost come together, add back in the prawns, then the salt and pepper, chives and chilli. Serve on top of toasted bread and garnish with extra chives and a drizzle of the prawn head oil (from below).
PRAWN HEAD OIL
- For the prawn oil, heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat and add the onion, salt, garlic, ginger and the prawn heads and shells. Stir until the heads and shells are bright orange and fragrant.
- Add the remaining oil and cook over very low heat, uncovered, for a further 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour the oil through a fine sieve to remove any solids. You should be left with just over a quarter of a cup of prawn oil.
- You won’t need all of the oil, so set aside and store the rest in a jar until required.
To serve: layer the eggs on top of toasted sourdough and drizzle with oil. Serve with feta, lime and coriander. Enjoy!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins