Spicy Prawn and Pumpkin Red Curry
1 x 250g pkt Wild Australian Prawn Co Banana Prawns (defrosted)
200g Pumpkin (cut into 1cm dice)
1 Small onion (chopped)
2 Cloves garlic (chopped)
4 tbs Thai Red Curry Paste
250ml Coconut milk
1/4 cup Mint leaves
1/4 cup Coriander sprigs
1/4 cup Roasted peanuts (chopped)
1 tbs Vegetable oil
1 tbs Fish sauce
Serve with steamed rice, lime or lemon wedges and sliced red chilli (optional).
- In a saucepan over medium heat add the vegetable oil, chopped onion and garlic.
- Cook until soft but not brown, add the red curry paste and cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Stir in the coconut milk and bring to a boil, when boiling add the pumpkin and turn down to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the prawns, continue to simmer for a further 5 minutes, add a little fish sauce to taste.
- Serve with the steamed rice, scatter over the mint, coriander and roasted peanuts and a squeeze of lime or lemon
Prep: 10 mins Cook: 20 mins Serves: 4 (Entree) or 2 (main)